Beni Ourain Carpet - 230x147cm - AJDA - Natural Wool - BA4
Sorry, currently out of stock
Beni Ourain: The Ultimate Wool Carpet.
Why buying one?
They bring warmth and never looks too “shaggy”. Moroccan rugs are stylish and durable. Each rug is truly one-of-a-kind.
Why buying from The People Of Sand?
We work directly with the weavers and ship direct. No overheads. This means the best prices for our clients.
Is it the right size for me?
Perfect size for 3 seater sofa. Best is to get a rug the width of your sofa and ideally add 12cm (6inches) to both sides. But this is not necessary. Orient the rug to the shape of the room.
- Material: 100% natural wool
- Handknotted, where every knot is painstakingly tied to ensure the longevity of the rug.
- Color: butter white
- Size Recommendation: should be same length of your sofa. More or less. Add extra 40cm if you can. Maximum.
- Fringe: one side
- Thickness: 2cm (medium pile)
- Pattern: symbols
- 100% Authentic. Handmade in Morocco
Wool vs Synthetic carpets?
Synthetic carpets are up-front cheaper but wool carpets are a better investment and extremely durable and high-quality.
The Pros of Wool Carpets
- is soft and pleasing to the touch
- is environmentally friendly (made from natural wool without using chemicals)
- is good for the indoor environment too (it absorbs about 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling damp, making it a good natural dehumidifier).
- resists compacting or crushing
- is naturally dirt-repellent
- accepts and retains color well
- is flame retardant and doesn’t melt
Is Wool easy to clean?
Yes. You can use your vacuum to remove the dirt or shampoo/dry the stained area. https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Wool-Rugs
What is the right size? It depends on the room. Please follow our guide here
Any questions about quality? Please read our reviews. Our carpets are the highest quality and 100% natural. We sell to interior designers, hotels, restaurants and online. Read what the press says about us here. If you have any questions, please drop us an email. Each carpet is unique. We use 100% natural wool (same shag pile and softness). Different sizes.
Any questions about pricing? If you know about Beni Ourain carpets you know already that The People Of Sand's carpets are 40% cheaper than other stores. How do we do it? We are exclusively online so we cut any unnecessary costs. We deal directly with our artisans in the Atlas Mountains. No middle man. Naima and her team of makers in the Atlas mountains are being paid more than average in the region and they are financially independent while maintaining cultural knowledge.
Worldwide Shipping fees: all rates exclude custom duties, taxes, free zone charges and consignee fees. The US has a free trade agreement with Morocco.