Boucherouite Carpets - 270 x 170cm - Reem - 2396
Morocco is famous for its vibrant colors. Boucherouite carpets (also called Boucharouite or Boucharette) are no different. These rugs appeared in the 60's when wool became rare and the textile industry started booming.
Tribal berber families lost their shepherds who moved to the city. Women decided to use the cotton available to them. This would explain the variety of colors and types. The rugs were made of the old djellaba of the grandfathers or shirts of their husbands.
The family history merged with the creation of a beautiful artistic rug that could be used by the household. Scandinavian decoristas started to blog about it. Japan as well. The rest is history. The fact is each piece is unique and the riot of color that a Boucherouite carpet brings to interiors is beautifully exuberant.
♡Designer Favorite. Unique Piece. Don't miss it.
- Material: Cotton
- Weight: 5kgs
- 100% Authentic. Handmade in Morocco.
PAYMENT: Credit Cards only. We don't accept COD for orders over US$200.
- Orders are shipped from our logistic centers located in Europe and Dubai depending on your country. Estimated delivery time within standard delivery is 3-8 business days but varies from country to country.
- Courier Express ☆ Europe: €25 ☆ USA-Canada: US$80, Australia & New Zealand: US$80 ☆ Middle East AED330
- Full tracking is available with the tracking number provided in your shipping confirmation email.
- Review our Shipping Policy here
- Review our Returns Policy here
Worldwide Shipping fees: all rates exclude custom duties, taxes, free zone charges and consignee fees. The US has a free trade agreement with Morocco.
Boucherouite & The Press:
New York Times: "Wild, Not Woolly, Berber Rugs" http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/23/arts/design/23rags.html